Friday, September 7, 2018

September 2018 OMG


I was unable to successfully complete my August goal as the month got away from me, but also because I made two unexpected trips back east, the first to say goodbye to my Grandma as she was asking for all of her grandkids, and then back for the funeral.  It was not easy and still is not, but life continues on, and it is September already!  How did that happen?  So, it is time to come up with my One Monthly Goal.

With the passing of my Grandma, two quilts have moved to the top of my list for Christmas, in addition to the one I was planning to make for my niece, plus the quilt top I need to get done so I can start hand quilting it before the new year for a quilt show.  As a result, I have been redoing my plan for the end of the year so I can get it all done.  This month's goal is to do several things that are all prep work for one of the quilts to be done before Christmas.


The prep work includes; prepping the papers for the square in a square block (marking the quarter inch line for stitching, and cutting them papers down), finding the center squares and starching them, cutting the first set of triangles (yellow), plan out the backing as it will be pieced, and starting to cut the pink and purple fabrics for the second set of triangles and backing pieces.  Wow that is a lot, but that is okay.  I'm traveling for work a lot this month and some of these tasks are perfect to be done in a hotel room.

I hope everyone is able to complete their one monthly goals this month!

Linking up with:
Elm Street Quilts

-Christina



1 comment:

  1. Lovely fabric pull. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.