Now, what I have been working on this week:
I have to finish this cross stitch soon, like very soon, so I am trying to crank it out. I have a plan (I am the planner), and I just have to stick to the plan and keep up the hard work. Last night I was able to get a lot done, and it is actually starting to look like something, before it was just looking like swirling lines with no purpose (focus on right hand corner). I can not wait to get it finished as I think it is going to look awesome, perfect for the bride and groom.
I have also squared up these 4 patches, I have learned that when I cut the parts to this quilt, Flower Garden, I did not do a good job. I was trying to cut with a thread or two more, but I really cut like five or more threads on the parts. As a result I am squaring things up, and making sure parts are the correct sizes before moving on. I have never done this before, and as a result it is taking me longer than normal.
This weekend, my goal is put together the squares which will look like the above picture, and make great progress on my cross stitch, hopefully catching up to where I should be by the end of week dated 10/17. Pedal to the metal. But first, time to find a tan wool tie for my husband's outfit for the wedding...
Linking up with Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts.