I was able to finish a belated wedding gift for a co-worker and friend. She loved it. It was my June OMG, however I did not finish it until the 2nd of July. That is what procrastination does for you/running out of time!
I created the pattern, a simple rail fence on the front, and then for the back I did strips, making it double sided. I drew it out, and then went for it. It was simple to put together, the biggest problem for me is finding time to do it as I feel like housework trumps sewing time after work and sometimes on the weekend. Does anyone else ever feel that way?
The colors on this table runner turned out wonderfully, and I love the texture that the quilting added to the runner. I was very happy to complete something off my long list of things to make.
I am linking up at Crazy Mom Quilts. This project was #1 on my Quarter 3 Finish-A-Long list, number one of many. Hopefully I will see actual movement on this list this quarter. I can not wait to see what everyone else is working on.
I did not finish June's OMG, however it got done this weekend. I will show pictures during a finish it up Friday. However, due to finishing June's OMG (not on time), I need to come up with a new project for July's OMG. I have a sew day coming up this month, and my plan is to get a project cut out and start to get the top sewn together during it. The fabrics are below.
This will be a baby rail fence quilt for my cousin's baby who is almost 6 months old now (where has 2017 gone?). I am a little late. My goal for the month of July is to get it cut out and the top sewn together.
It is a new quarter of the year, and not much was accomplished the second quarter of 2017, I was able to finish 1 project. Here is to a new quarter where accomplishing more will happen. So without further ado, let us see what is on my list.
1. Table Runner for J&B's wedding (took place in Early December), this is almost done as of the first weekend of July!
2. Baby quilt for my Cousin's son who was born in the middle of January.
3. Knitting a blue shawl - deadline long past, but will use in my office, especially when it gets cold/drafty
4. Knitting a purple shawl - same thing as above
5. Cross stitch Marriage record for C&T (late present)
6. Wedding quilt for C&T (late present, at least they know it is coming)
7. Handiwork (something I have been trying to catch up on for the last year, I just need to use one of my off fridays and sit down and do the minor repairs on most of the items)
8. Make rugs, this includes ripping what I've done out and restarting as I found a different pattern I want to use (belated Christmas gift..we won't say how many years late)
9. Charity Quilt top for Prayers and Squares at my Grandmother's church
10. 2nd Charity quilt top for Prayers and Squares at my Grandmother's church (I started these before I got married, which means they are about four years old. I just found them in one of the last boxes I still have to unpack)
11. Wedding quilt for D&D (late present, at least they know it is coming)
12. Quilt for one of my Grandmother's (shhh, it is a surprise for her)
13. Mom's quilt (this one is even older than 10 and 11. I got the kit in college and got frustrated with it because my 1/4 inch seam was off and I was doing a horrible job at cutting.)
14. Wedding quilt for N&B (this wedding is this year, 2017, shhh, it is also a surprise)
15. Christmas Table Runner (this was going to be a present, but Christmas Eve my cat decided to play with my soda on the table and spilled some on it, so I could not gift it due to running. I tried to remove the stain, which did not work so it is all taken apart to replace what was stained, and now it is time to put it back together)
16. Second Christmas Table Runner (still to be finished for a Christmas present)
17. Bonnie Hunter's En Providence Mystery Quilt (I've printed all of the clues and my fabrics picked out, I just have to actually start on it. I do love the reveal, and I'm considering making it just a tad larger to fit on a queen size bed)
18. Knit scarf for my husband. He saw the scarves I made for my grandparents for Christmas, and wants a few scarves. As a result I am going to get this one done, and have the other two made for next winter. It is made with a simple pattern. Knit stitch about 30 stitches across and then 70" long.
19. This quilt is for charity. I hope to have it done for 2018's Hands to Help hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I am making it with orange and browns, and I have all the fabrics ready to go, I just need to start. Photo is from Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
20. This quilt will be for charity. I hope to have it done for 2018's Hands to Help hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I am making it with purples and greens as the latices, and I just need to start. It is going to be gorgeous I think. Photo credit goes to Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
21. There was a mystery quilt a long with Cora's Quilts called Gathering. The fabrics are gorgeous and I have finished all of the cutting, I just have to put each step together. It will be a throw size.
22. I want to take this panel and chenille it for my niece's Christmas gift this year with a minky backing. She loves Doc McStuffin'.
23. Finish this knitted baby blanket for a co-worker who just had a child. Simple pattern, just takes time.
24. Create table runner from block I drew out for 12 days of Christmas, hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I am posting on the last day. You should come check it out. (no picture at this time as I want it to be a surprise!)
25. Supplement my blog post for the 12 days of Christmas over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict by making a pillow. It will be a 12 by 12 pillow with a single snowflake on it, appliquéd and quilted down. (no picture at this time)
26. Supplement my blog post for the 12 days of Christmas over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict by making a pillow. It will be a 14 by 28 pillow with three snowflakes on it. The snowflakes will be appliquéd and quilted down. (no picture at this time)
27. Finish Sweet Tooth Queen size quilt. Started as a Breakfast Club project, I want to finish all of the blocks and put it together. It will be the first quilt I have made for our bed.
28. Finish Sweet Tooth baby quilt. I had left overs from the two kits I bought to make the queen size, so I decided to make just one of each of the twelve blocks and combine it into a baby quilt. I think it is going to look awesome when it is done.
Wow, it is a really really long list, but if I can knock a few of these things off the list and/or even make progress on these things I will be very happy. I can not wait to see what everyone else is planning to make progress on. Linking up to Throw a Wrench in the Works for the 2017 Finish-A-Long.