Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Design Wall Wednesday

This last week I was able to get to all of my quilty goals, which feels amazing.  I was able to complete putting this quilt top together.


I was then going to stay stitch it, but after measuring and thinking on it, I am going to add a decent border around the edge of the quilt to make it just a little bigger.  Now I need to go find a green fabric that will tie it all together, and think about the binding that I want to use.  A different color, like blue or should I finish it in the same green?  I might buy some extra fabrics so I can audition them.  What do you think I should do?

I then pulled out another UFO that is a semi fast finish.  It is the Christmas table runner I started over two years ago, and "gifted" to my grandparent-in-laws.  I hope to finish it for them soon to give to them.  This past week I was able to sew the blocks together, and added two of the three borders.


My goals for this week are simple.  The first goal is to finish the top of the Christmas table runner.  I need to sew on border 3, and then I would like to layer it and prep it for quilting.  The quilting will be simple with wavy lines, but I think it will look great.  Unless I do straight line quilting, which is also an option.

My second goal is to work on my niece's ISpy quilt.  I would like to make progress on 50 blocks.  They are all prepped for the next round of sewing, and then iron them.  My stretch goal is to prep them for the next round of sewing.


My third goal is to continue working on the house.  This will always be a goal, or at least until we are fully settled in.  Who knows how long that will take.  The big goals for the week are creating and sending out the invites for our BBQ and baby shower, catch up on washing dishes, putting away Christmas and working on our front yard.  A stretch goal is to work on cleaning up the table, with the final goal of finishing this project.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Sharing at:
Love, Laugh, and Quilt
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.