Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Design Wall Tuesday

This last week was very productive.  I did not realize how close I was to being done to layout the quilt I'm working on.  I finished all of the blocks, plus made the sashing.  I learned that I had to make one triangle square in the end, but it was not bad.  I then was able to clear a space in our sunroom (okay, more like piled stuff in another area), and laid out the quilt top.


Here it is.  I found one block that was twisted, so it is already on the repair table being fixed this week!

I also found some time to cross stitch, and I have gotten pretty far on a famous saying from Harry Potter.  I hope to hang this in our kid's room, as I know they will always be up to no good!


My goals for this week are simple.  The first goal is to continue working on my February One Monthly Goal.  My goal is to sew rows 1 through 3 together before the end of the week.  My stretch goal is to sew rows 4-5 together.  If I work diligently on it, and not run into any hiccups, then I believe I will have a finished quilt top by the end of next week.  That would be amazing to have my One Monthly Goal finished early this month!


My second goal is to continue working on the house.  This will always be a goal, especially as we prepare to have a family get together at our house, get ready for baby, and continue making our house a home for us.  I really am going to finish putting away Christmas this week.  I just need to move some boxes and label a few more, and then I'm done.  I would like to caulk some floorboards to help prevent critters from coming in, work on transferring closet items back to our new closet, and work on the outside, including vent replacements (keep the critters out), front yard and the orange tree.  I want to pick out our crib/nursery set.  My stretch goal is to work on putting items on our registry, work on the guest list, and work on the kitchen.

Wow!  I feel like that is a lot, but if I put my mind to it I will be okay!  I hope everyone has a great week!
Sharing at:
Love, Laugh, and Quilt
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be busy, with a baby. But so wonderful! I hope you show us pictures of the nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.