Wednesday, February 5, 2020

15 Minutes of Stitching - Week 4 and 5 2020


Let us see how the last two weeks of January went.
Days spent stitching in the week: 14 out of 14
Days spent stitching in January: 31 out of 31
Days spent stitching in February: 2 out of 2
Days spent stitching in 2020: 33 out of 33
Success Rate: 100%
My week runs Monday through Sunday.

Finding time has been easy each night these last two weeks, especially since I have not been reading before bed, instead I have been stitching.  It helped that I have made a self imposed deadline too, which I was able to meet.  By spending 15 - 20 minutes a day, I can see progress being made.  I wish I could carve out a little more time for stitching on the weekends, but right now I will take what I can get.  I feel like this might be a great year of finishes, which will be nice as I have a few very old things looming over my head.

Week 4 of stash watch was great in the in, as I did not have any in fabric, and made progress on finishing some things up, so I was able to have a decent amount of fabric out.  Seeing these numbers helps me have hope that I can know that gain of yardage down to very little or 0 by the end of the year.  With some careful planning, and care not to buy much this year I think I can do it.

Fabric out this week: 3.98 yards
Fabric out, in 2020: 4.76 yards
Fabric in this week: 0.00 yards
Fabric in, in 2020: 33.63 yards
Fabric difference in 2020: gain of 28.87 yards

Week 5 of stash watch was not so hot in the fabric in department, but I had a little chunk go out during the week.  It was a lot of little things, but that amount is better than nothing.  I got the motivation over the weekend to work on some outstanding projects, and I'm planning on when I am going to quilt them already.  When I do that, a large amount of fabric will go out for the backings and bindings.  I'm excited to see what the year has to bring, especially on the stash watch front.

Fabric out this week: 1.03 yards
Fabric out, in 2020: 5.79 yards
Fabric in this week: 15.99 yards
Fabric in, in 2020: 49.62 yards
Fabric difference in 2020: gain of 43.83 yards

I hope everyone had a great week!
Sharing at:
Life in Pieces

-Christina

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding time to stitch each day, that's not easy to do some weeks. Stash management is hard, especially fabric diets. I'm really bad at them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you were able to sew every day so far this year! I hope it brings you much calm and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.