Friday, May 11, 2018

Royal Gardens is Finished

Royal Gardens is finished!  This was started in August 2017, and was finished in April 2018, and is currently on our bed, which is beautiful!  I finished something for my house and did not give it away (first time ever)! I completed the quilting on it, and "sewed" down the binding for my church's quilt show in March, however I was finally able to finish sewing the binding down in April.





The backing was found on clearance through Connecting Threads.  I have gotten a ton of compliments on the back as it could be a quilt within itself.  I feel like it matches well to the front, and compliments it.  The red binding is perfect for both sides, and gives the quilt a nice frame.




The pictures my husband took of the quilt are awesome!  I love this shot, with just a little bit of the sky peaking through, and it shows off the quilting.  The quilting was custom, I love how it turned out.  I worked on my feathers and custom quilted each border, which was interesting.  I flipped the quilt 90 degrees after quilting all the way down on the long-arm to quilt the borders so they looked cohesive.  It turned out in the end, but one border has some puckers in it.

Overall, I am more than happy I got this quilt done, my husband keeps complimenting me on it as he loves having it on our bed.  This is a project on my Quarter 2 Finish-A-Long list, as number 38.  Two done for the quarter, lots to go!

Linking to:
Crazy Mom Quilts
Busy Hands Quilts
Confessions of a Fabric Addict

-Christina

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt! The colors are pretty and a very interesting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt, congratulations on your finish! You already have 2 finishes this quarter too, that's a great lead for your next quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to be able to sleep under such a beautiful quilt and that seems like a quick make for all of the details it has. Congratulations on your finish and thanks for participating in Finish-A-Long on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.