Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Design Wall Tuesday

Last week I made progress on my Breakfast club quilt, I sewed tri-recs triangles together, and cut up some four patches that are ready to zip through the machine in the future.  Below is a stack of triangles waiting to be ironed.


I also started on my Hands 2 Help quilt, and then I made a mistake with putting no two right sides together.


It turns out I was tired, and the 2nd one I caught early on, where as this pair made it through and I caught it while ironing my strips.  At least it happens to all of us, and we can chuckle about it, get the ripper out and get it fixed up nice and quick.

I was able to complete this on Sunday, so I have new goals of things to work on this week.  Let us see what my goals are:

My first goal is to finish this quilt top for Hands 2 Help.  I am currently sewing strips together, and I hope to start cutting segments tonight (yes!).  I need to get this done by Friday to quilt it on the long arm at my LQS.  The photo is from Confessions of a Fabric Addict as it is her pattern.  I will have a photo of progress next week to show.  


My second goal is to prep this quilt top and backing for quilting, which will take place this week, if I have time left within my time slot.  I will also have to dig out my roll of batting and cut two sections for the quilts I plan to start this week.  This will be an easy project before my knitting class.


My third goal for the week is to start working on my May OMG, which is to iron the starched fabric and cut out this baby quilt.  I just need to find the fabric and get to work.  I hope to start this on Saturday/Sunday in the middle of sewing on bindings.


I hope everyone has made good progress on the project(s) they are working on.

Linking up with:
Design Wall
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.