Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Design Wall Tuesday

These last two weeks have been busy!  I was able to finish my blog post for the Christmas in July blog hop.  You can check it out here.  Below are the finished pillows that I made, with an awesome tutorial (at least I think so).


I pulled out Vintage Rose, which is a paper piecing project, as I'm taking a class later this month.  I needed to figure out where I was on the project, and what parts would be my August One Monthly Goal.  I then had a sew day with my Mom, and finished one of the many parts!  I love my colors (they are a whole lot brighter in person)!


I also got the rest of the items that my husband won for me in March, as my Mother-In-Law came back home.  Here is my new machine all set up.  So far I have no complaints, she sews like a dream.


This week I hope to try paper piecing on her.

My goals for the next week are to focus on two things.  My first goal is to cut out the pieces and start on the next section of Vintage Rose.  I know I will need help at the end of this section, so my overall goal is to get the pieces done and prepped before my class in two and a half weeks.

My second goal is to work on cutting some scraps into usable sizes/put them away.  I have a lot of small scrap pieces from a quilt I have been working on, and they just need to be cut down and put into my scrap saver system.  It is amazing what you can do if you spend just fifteen minutes each night working on them.  It feels good to see that pile go done a little each night.

My third goal, which will continue to be a goal until it is completely done, is to work on unpacking our house.  Our goal for the week is to focus on sorting the getting rid of a pile.  Is it going to our own garage sale, or Goodwill?  Another small thing is to continue working on the garage, I need to transfer two boxes of books into new boxes, and build two more shelves to store some things.  My stretch goal is to get my new desk organized.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. Vintage Rose looks amazing! I really like the colors you are using. It will be fun to see this one come together! Thanks for sharing on MCM. I hope you were able to make progress on your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.