Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Design Wall Tuesday

This last week has been good.  I was able to achieve all of my goals!  I pieced the backing and put the zippers on my Mom's Christmas gift in preparation for quilting.  I also was able to complete 39 of the stitch and flip corner blocks, which was above my goal for the week!  I also actually sat down and pinned the borders onto the quilt top that has been waiting for them for far too long.


The last thing I worked on and was able to accomplish was getting halfway done with Section D-2 for Vintage Rose.  I was able to get over halfway done, which feels great!


In addition to all of the quilting goals being met, I was able to finish building the garage shelves and putting things on them, and cleaned up a few outstanding boxes.  The living room is being put together this week, and I am loving how it is turning out.

My goals for the next week are to focus on two things.  My first goal is work on Vintage Rose by finishing Section D-2, and D-3 plus sew D-1, D-2, and D-3 together into one unit.  I would like to start working on another section, and get the necessary help on a different section as I have class this upcoming weekend.  My stretch goal is to get halfway done with the other section I plan to start this weekend.


My second goal is to work on the stitch and flip corner blocks for the back of Rev. Craig's retirement quilt.  My goal is to finish 20 of the stitch and flip corner blocks, and my stretch goal is to finish 40 blocks.  There is only about 100 left to complete.


My third goal, which will continue to be a goal until it is completely done, is to work on unpacking our house.  Our goal for the week is to focus on placing furniture/finding furniture to finish the living room, set up the patio, and work on some (2-3) boxes in the garage.  My stretch goal is to finish going through the garage sale/goodwill pile, and go through a total of 6 boxes in the garage. 

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! You have been active lately! Your beautiful Vintage Rose blocks caught my eye at Love Laugh Quilt. They are lovely! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.