Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Design Wall Tuesday

This last week has been productive!  I worked on Vintage Rose, where I finished cutting all of the pieces for D1 and D2.


Then I sewed together D1, it is ready for trimming and the TRP lines.  I can not remember what order I normally do them in so, I am waiting for class next week to finish these all of the way.


I was also very productive in trimming up scraps.  I figured out the organization that I wanted, and I'm looking forward to continuing to plug away at this project, and put things away.  Pictures will come next week.

In addition to all of the quilting goals being met, I was able to work on the garage shelves, which are almost all done.  When the whole garage is basically organized I will share a picture.  I will admit, it is a little overwhelming the amount of quilting and crafty stuff I have.  I guess I really need to watch my numbers of fabric in and fabric out for the rest of the year, and many years in the future!

My goals for the next week are to focus on three things.  My first goal is to get halfway done with section D2 on Vintage Rose.  This section has 29 pieces and 28 seams, so I would like to complete 14 seams.  My stretch goal is to finish the whole section.

My second goal is to work on pinning the borders on Craig's retirement quilt, and stitch and flip corner blocks for the back of the quilt.  My goal is to finish 25 of the stitch and flip corner blocks, and my stretch goal is to finish 50 blocks.  There is only about 135 left to complete.


My third goal is to prepare the backing to my Mom's Christmas gift, and put the zippers on the front and back.  I hope to quilt this in the month of September, but first I need to finish the other quilt I plan to quilt at the same time.


My fourth goal, which will continue to be a goal until it is completely done, is to work on unpacking our house.  Our goal for the week is to focus on sorting the get rid of a pile.  Is it going to our own garage sale, or Goodwill?  Prepare our guest room for guests this weekend, and continue working on the garage, I would like to finish building the shelves, and loading them up.  My stretch goals are to clean off the patio and build our new furniture and start to hanging pictures.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that retirement quilt is amazing! Did people write something on each block? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.