Monday, June 10, 2019

Design Wall Monday

This past week, I got the quilt top done!  I still have a border to put on, but I got the center done in time to present the unfinished project to our pastor during his retirement luncheon we had this past Sunday.


It felt awesome to get it done this far.  I also learned, I have a little more time, than previously thought, to get the whole quilt done, which is a sigh of relief!

So my goal this week is to cut out all of the pieces for the back of the quilt.  To complete this, I need to iron some more scrap pieces and then cut all that is left.  I hope I have enough white fabric, if not I will be at the quilt shop this next week so I can buy more if need be.  My stretch goals for this project is to start sewing one of the two units, and put the borders on the quilt top.

My second goal, which will continue to be a goal until it is completely done, is to work on unpacking our house.  Our goal for the week is to move the garage around, and to build and load the next two shelving units for my craft stuff.  My stretch goal is to get further in the garage and/or start in on our 3rd bedroom, which has been the dumping ground when we have guests come over.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great gift for your Pastor. Thank you for organizing the project, it must have been a lot of work. But it will be a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.