Saturday, October 13, 2018

Quarter 4 2018 Finish-A-Long


Quarter 3 flew by without any finishes, granted I did make progress on a few projects.  Quarter 4, I hope is going to be a successful quarter, with a few finishes.  Things are currently slowing down with life, which means I will get some meaningful sewing time in before the holiday rush starts.  Now onto my list:

1. Stitch and flip wreaths. Make 3 stitch and flip wreaths for belated Christmas gifts for 3 people last year. They are not hard to do, it is just finding the time.  (I gave them IOUs for these beautiful wreaths).


2. Baby quilt for my Cousin's son who was born in the middle of January 2017.


3. Knitting a purple shawl - deadline long past, but I will use it in my office, especially when it gets cold and drafty.  If is a great knitting project to do in front of the tv.


4. Cross stitch Marriage record for C&T (late present).


5. Wedding quilt for C&T (late present, at least they know it is coming).


6. Handiwork (something I have been trying to catch up on for the last year, I just need to use one of my off fridays and sit down and do the minor repairs on most of the items).  The pile is getting larger each quarter.


7. Make rugs, this includes ripping what I've done out and restarting as I found a different pattern I want to use (belated Christmas gift...we won't say how many years late).


8. Charity Quilt top for Prayers and Squares at my Grandmother's church.


9. 2nd Charity quilt top for Prayers and Squares at my Grandmother's church (I started these before I got married, which means they are almost five years old.  I just found them in one of the last boxes I still have to unpack).


10. Wedding quilt for D&D (late present, at least they know it is coming).


11. Quilt for one of my Grandmother's (shhh, it is a surprise for her).


12. Mom's quilt (this one is even older.  I got the kit in college and got frustrated with it because my 1/4 inch seam was off and I was doing a horrible job at cutting).  It turns out I was doing just fine.  It almost to a top stage now.


13. Wedding quilt for N&B (this wedding was last year, 2017, shhh, it is also a surprise).


14. Christmas Table Runner  (this was going to be a present, but Christmas Eve my cat decided to play with my soda on the table and spilled some on it, so I could not gift it due to running.  I tried to remove the stain, which did not work so it is all taken apart to replace what was stained, and now it is time to put it back together).


15. Second Christmas Table Runner (still to be finished for a Christmas present).


16. Bonnie Hunter's En Providence Mystery Quilt (I've printed all of the clues and my fabrics picked out, I just have to actually start on it.  I do love the reveal, and I'm considering making it just a tad larger to fit on a queen size bed).



17. Knit scarf for my husband.  He saw the scarves I made for my grandparents for Christmas, and wants a few scarves.  As a result I am going to get this one done, and have the other two made for next winter.  It is made with a simple pattern.  Knit stitch about 30 stitches across and then 70" long.



18.  This quilt will be for charity.  I hope to have it done for 2019's Hands to Help hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I am making it with purples and greens as the latices, and I just need to start.  It is going to be gorgeous I think.  Photo credit goes to Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


19.  There was a mystery quilt a long with Cora's Quilts called Gathering.  The fabrics are gorgeous and I have finished all of the cutting, I just have to put each step together.  It will be a throw size.


20. Supplement my blog post for the 12 Days of Christmas over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict by making a pillow. It will be a 12 by 12 pillow with a single snowflake on it, appliqued and quilted down. I have no picture, everything is cut out, I just need to execute it. I was not able to complete it, so I'm going to work on it and get it done so I can present it as a tutorial this year.

21. Supplement my blog post for the 12 Days of Christmas over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict by making a pillow. It will be a 14 by 28 pillow with three snowflakes on it. The snowflakes will be appliqued and quilted down. I have no picture, everything is cut out, I just need to execute it. I was not able to complete it for the 2017 blog hop, so I'm going to get it done and present it as a gift idea for this year's blog hop.

22.  Finish Sweet Tooth Queen size quilt.  Started as a Breakfast Club project, I want to finish all of the blocks and put it together.  It will be the first quilt I have made for our bed.


23.  Finish Sweet Tooth baby quilt.  I had left overs from the two kits I bought to make the queen size, so I decided to make just one of each of the twelve blocks and combine it into a baby quilt.  I think it is going to look awesome when it is done.



24. Chenille this panel of Mickey for a birthday gift. It has been layered, I just need to sew rows and finish it off.


25. Chenille this panel of Disney Princess for a birthday gift. It has been layered, I just need to sew rows and finish it off.


26. Chenille this panel of Dory for a birthday gift. I just need to sew the rows on it and finish it off.


27. Chenille this panel of Belle for a Christmas gift. I just need to put the binding on, and sew it down.


28. Chenille this panel of Belle for a belated Christmas gift. It matches the one before, the only difference is the minky on the back, and I'm sure the binding will be different. I just need to sew the rows on it and finish it off from there.


29. Chenille this panel of Little Mermaid for myself. This will be the last panel to be chenilled as I come last.


30. Finish snowflake pillow (shared at 12 Days of Christmas hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict), and make a second one for a Christmas gift and creating a tutorial. I received several requests during my blog hop stop for a tutorial for this one. I like it enough that I won't mind re-creating it.


31. Dr. Who quilt, finish as I have started cutting it out. This was an intended gift for my husband on Valentine's Day almost two years ago.


32. New baby quilt, granted he is almost a year old now.  I just need to finish the binding.


33. Seth's toddler quilt. It just needs to have the binding finished on it.


34. Natalie's wall hanging. The fabric has been picked out and the idea is in my head. I just need to put it on paper and figure out how to do the blocks as I do not have a pattern for it.


35. Storm at Sea quilt I started at the San Diego Quilt Show last year.  I have it all drawn out as to what I want to do, making it about 60" by 60".  This is the small quilt because I plan to make a scrappy teal/blue/green one that will be even bigger.  My Mom bought the templates, so I just need to borrow them from her to get cracking.



36. Proud Mary is from Splash of Color by Jackie Kunkel.  She was to come to the San Diego Quilt Show, however her class was cancelled.  All of my fabrics are picked out, I just need to finish ironing them and then start the cutting process.  


37.  L&B's Wedding Quilt is for when they got married in July 2015.  The fabric is starched, I need to finish cutting it out, and then start putting it together.


38. S&D's Wedding Quilt is for my sister-in-law and her husband, who got married in November 2016.  The pieces are waiting to be put together by English Paper Piecing (EPP), and the sashing squares are all cut, and starched, I just need to iron and put them together.


39.  On Ringo Lake the 2017-2018 Bonnie Hunter mystery that is absolutely gorgeous!  I have all of my fabric picked out and starched, I just have to get working on it.


40.  Meadow Mist mystery quilt was revealed in December.  I have the fabric picked out, and I have since the start of it, I just have not had time to start on it.


41.  Scrappy Bargello was started within the last week when I got to take a class with Bonnie Hunter. It was a fantastic class!  I have it all planned out, and everything is cut, I just have to sew!


42.  OSU Quilt #1 for my Grandfather who is an alumni.


43.  OSU Quilt #2 for my Mom, as she is also an alumni.  This quilt was originally meant for my Grandmother, but she has passed away, and I feel like it would mean a lot to my Mom to get the quilt intended for her Mom.


44.  Bel Canto is a mystery that was held at my local quilt shop for Strip club.  It is designed by Daniella Stout, and the reveal happened in December 2017.


45.  Baby blanket that is knitted.  I have casted it on, it is just buried in the my pile of projects right now.


46.  JoAnn's mystery knit, which is no longer a mystery, but I would love to get it done as it should be a decently fast knit.


47.  Moonlight Path's quilt along with Cora's Quilts.  Mystery started in March and will continue to through the first half of June.


48.  Pocket bags - set of 4 for personal use.  I have my fabric picked out, and it is on its way to me right now.


49.  Brown bag mystery quilt from Cupcake Quilts in Spring, Texas.  I am getting the clues mailed to me.


50.  Jelly Roll rug.  I am taking a class this quarter, and I want to finish it.


51.  D&D's wedding cross stitch is a belated wedding gift that I am trying to get done for the happy couple.  I'm still on the first border, but I have made more progress on it even since this picture was taken.


52.  Champagne and Pearls quilt is for a class.  I have some prep work to do before class, but I can not wait to see how my colors turn out.


53.  Ispy quilt for Niece, which will be a Christmas present.  All paper pieced, square in a square, with the Ispy fabrics in the middle.  I can not wait to see the secondary design comes out on this one.


54.  Drunkards Path for the Pigeon Forge Quiltfest in March 2019, I am creating a quilt to enter into the yearly theme for the quilt show.  I have the fabric, I just need to finish the pattern, and start cutting.  Once the top is completed, I'm going to hand quilt it with cotton perle thread, which I'm excited to do.


55.  Kingfisher QAL is hosted by Stitched in Color and Tales of Cloth.  The quilt includes EEP, appliqué and regular piecing.  I intended to work on this while away from home this last month, however life had other plans.  It will be a great evening project to wind down from the day.


56.  2nd Snowflake Pillow for the Christmas in July bloghop.  I needed to make another one to take progress pictures.  Now I need to finish it.


I am looking forward to encouraging everyone on making progress on their lists.  I am linking up to Throw a Wrench in the Works for the 2018 Finish-A-Long.

-Christina

2 comments:

  1. Great list, can't wait to see how much progress you can make in this quarter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic list, I know you can knock out a few of these this quarter. Thanks for linking up on behalf of the 2018 Finish-A-Long global hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.