Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Drunkards Path and Other WIPs



This week I have finished drawing out the quilt I will be making for the Drunkard’s Path challenge for the Pigeon Forge Mountain Quilt Fest 2019. I have made the necessary calculations, and my next step is pick out the fabric from my stash. I bought a few fat quarter bundles when they were on sale at Connecting Threads, a few months back just for this purpose. I will also pull from my stash a little. I’m excited to start on this, but I know it is going to be a challenge for me, as it will be my first time making a quilt with curves.


In addition to drawing out my DP quilt, I have worked on the binding for this cute little quilt. I am a little more than halfway done. I have another one right behind it, so I best get it done. My goal is to have it done by the middle of next week. It would finally be a finish, which I have not had one for a few months.


Tonight, I’m going to start working on these stitch and flip wreaths. They are my August OMG, and we are closing in on the end of August pretty quickly. They should go together fast as I have already made a few so I know the process.


This weekend I have a Judy Niemeyer paper piecing class. We can sew late into the night, get some progress done on my projects, know what to do next (rarely do I actually work on it between classes), and socialize with a group of ladies who enjoy quilting. Who can complain? I sure can’t! I do not know what I will get accomplished in the two days that I will be there, but I think I will work on one project one day and the second project the second day, as I have two Judy Niemeyer projects started….I will not tell how many I have the patterns and fabric for. This way both projects will see progress, and maybe, just maybe I will make progress on them before the next class.

Linking up to:
Bee Social
Love Laugh Quilts
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.