Friday, November 17, 2017

Shawl Done!

My shawl is finally finished.  I have no idea what was holding me back, but to finish it was nice and easy.  I got to enjoy some new knitting company at the same time.  I was able to attend a knit night at one of my local yarn shops.  I enjoyed myself and was able to get it done within the first hour, even with all of the talking and project sharing that was going on.


The shawl ended up being about 33" long and 70" wide.  It is perfect for me to take to the office and wrap up when it gets a little chilly in there, which is often.  Made with yarn from Juniper Moon, which is so soft and snuggly.


I love the detail on the edges that the pattern created.  It was simple to do.  I was also able to learn a new stitch, a yarn over.  It is pretty basic, but I had never done it before!


This is #3 on my Q4 Finish-a-Long list.  I am slowly making progress on knocking them off.

Sharing at:
Crazy Mom Quilts
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Busy Hands Quilts
TGIFF

-Christina

4 comments:

  1. It is lovely and colours is so soft. Enjoy!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a pretty blue! I always admire people's ability to knit. I can crochet quite well, but knitting eludes me every time I try it. I guess there just need to be those of us who admire. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty! I'm a beginning knitter so I admire your talent! The color is lovely. (You really should have shown your "model" from the front!) Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shawl! It's been so cold out, maybe I need to knit one, too. On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.