Thursday, October 5, 2017

Q4 Finish-A-Long List


It is the last quarter of the year, and I can not believe how quick the whole year has passed.  A lot of people say that the years speed up as you get older, and I am learning that.  Last quarter I was able to accomplish one item on this list, however some others did make progress.  I hope to finish several projects because a. they are Christmas gifts and b. they are soooo close to being done, if I spend just a little bit of time on them, the projects would be done.

1. Stitch and flip wreaths. Make 3-4 stitch and flip wreaths for Christmas gifts for 3-4 people this year. They should not be hard after I do the first one.

2. Baby quilt for my Cousin's son who was born in the middle of January.


3.  Knitting a blue shawl - deadline long past, but will use in my office, especially when it gets cold and drafty. I am so close to being finished, about 60 rows that get shorter every other pass.


4. Knitting a purple shawl - same thing as above


5. Cross stitch Marriage record for C&T (late present)


6. Wedding quilt for C&T (late present, at least they know it is coming)


7. Handiwork (something I have been trying to catch up on for the last year, I just need to use one of my off fridays and sit down and do the minor repairs on most of the items)


8. Make rugs, this includes ripping what I've done out and restarting as I found a different pattern I want to use (belated Christmas gift...we won't say how many years late)


9. Charity Quilt top for Prayers and Squares at my Grandmother's church


10. 2nd Charity quilt top for Prayers and Squares at my Grandmother's church (I started these before I got married, which means they are about four years old.  I just found them in one of the last boxes I still have to unpack)


11. Wedding quilt for D&D (late present, at least they know it is coming)


12. Quilt for one of my Grandmother's (shhh, it is a surprise for her)


13. Mom's quilt (this one is even older than 10 and 11.  I got the kit in college and got frustrated with it because my 1/4 inch seam was off and I was doing a horrible job at cutting.)


14. Wedding quilt for N&B (this wedding is this year, 2017, shhh, it is also a surprise)


15. Christmas Table Runner  (this was going to be a present, but Christmas Eve my cat decided to play with my soda on the table and spilled some on it, so I could not gift it due to running.  I tried to remove the stain, which did not work so it is all taken apart to replace what was stained, and now it is time to put it back together)


16. Second Christmas Table Runner (still to be finished for a Christmas present)


17. Bonnie Hunter's En Providence Mystery Quilt (I've printed all of the clues and my fabrics picked out, I just have to actually start on it.  I do love the reveal, and I'm considering making it just a tad larger to fit on a queen size bed)



18. Knit scarf for my husband.  He saw the scarves I made for my grandparents for Christmas, and wants a few scarves.  As a result I am going to get this one done, and have the other two made for next winter.  It is made with a simple pattern.  Knit stitch about 30 stitches across and then 70" long.



19. This quilt is for charity.  I hope to have it done for 2018's Hands to Help hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  I am making it with orange and browns, and I have all the fabrics ready to go, I just need to start.  Photo is from Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


20.  This quilt will be for charity.  I hope to have it done for 2018's Hands to Help hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I am making it with purples and greens as the latices, and I just need to start.  It is going to be gorgeous I think.  Photo credit goes to Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


21.  There was a mystery quilt a long with Cora's Quilts called Gathering.  The fabrics are gorgeous and I have finished all of the cutting, I just have to put each step together.  It will be a throw size.


22.  I want to take this panel and chenille it for my niece's Christmas gift this year with a minky backing. She loves Doc McStuffin'. I have it layered, I just need to start sewing and wrestling it through my small machine.


23.  Finish this knitted baby blanket for a co-worker who just had a child. Simple pattern it just takes time. I have about 10 rows, if that left on it. A project I just need to take some time and finish.


24.  Finish table runner from a block that I drew out for the 12 Days of Christmas blog hop, hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict. It just needs to be layered, quilted and bound.


25. Supplement my blog post for the 12 Days of Christmas over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict by making a pillow. It will be a 12 by 12 pillow with a single snowflake on it, appliqued and quilted down. I have no picture, everything is cut out, I just need to execute it. I was not able to complete it, so I'm going to work on it and get it done so I can present it next year as a tutorial.

26. Supplement my blog post for the 12 Days of Christmas over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict by making a pillow. It will be a 14 by 28 pillow with three snowflakes on it. The snowflakes will be appliqued and quilted down. I have no picture, everything is cut out, I just need to execute it. I was not able to complete it for the blog hop, so I'm going to get it done and present it as a gift idea for next year's blog hop.

27.  Finish Sweet Tooth Queen size quilt.  Started as a Breakfast Club project, I want to finish all of the blocks and put it together.  It will be the first quilt I have made for our bed.


28.  Finish Sweet Tooth baby quilt.  I had left overs from the two kits I bought to make the queen size, so I decided to make just one of each of the twelve blocks and combine it into a baby quilt.  I think it is going to look awesome when it is done.



29. Chenille this panel of Mickey for a Christmas gift. It has been layered, I just need to sew rows and finish it off.


30. Chenille this panel of Disney Princess for a Christmas gift. It has been layered, I just need to sew rows and finish it off.


31. Chenille this panel of Dory for a Christmas gift. I need to layer it, and then proceed from there.


32. Chenille this panel of Belle for a Christmas gift. I need to layer it, and then proceed from there.


33. Chenille this panel of Belle for a Christmas gift. It matches the one before, the only difference is the minky on the back, and I'm sure the binding will be different. I need to layer it, and then proceed from there.


34. Chenille this panel of Donald Duck for a Christmas gift. It has been layered, I just need to sew rows and finish it off.


35. Chenille this panel of Little Mermaid for myself. This will be the last panel to be chenilled as I come last.


36. Finish snowflake pillow (shared at 12 Days of Christmas hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict), and make a second one for a Christmas gift and creating a tutorial. I received several requests during my blog hop stop for a tutorial for this one. I like it enough that I won't mind re-creating it.


37. Dr. Who quilt, finish as I have started cutting it out. This was an intended gift for my husband on Valentine's Day almost two years ago.


38. New baby quilt, pattern and fabric has been picked out. I just need to put it together.


39. Seth's toddler quilt. The pattern and fabric has been picked out, it just needs to be put together.


40. Natalie's wall hanging. The fabric has been picked out and the idea is in my head. I just need to put it on paper and figure out how to do the blocks as I do not have a pattern for it.


41. Storm at Sea quilt I started at the San Diego Quilt Show.  I have it all drawn out as to what I want to do, making it about 60" by 60".  This is the small quilt because I plan to make a scrappy teal/blue/green on that will be even bigger.  My Mom bought the templates, so I just need to borrow them from her to get cracking.


42. Proud Mary is from Splash of Color by Jackie Kunkel.  She was to come to the San Diego Quilt Show, however her class was cancelled.  However, I found a quilt along at Busy Hands Quilts, and I will be joining by doing this quilt.  All of my fabrics are picked out, and they are all currently being starched so i can get to the next step.  I want to make all of the goals with the quilt along, so I better stay on top of it!


Another long list this quarter. I hope to remove between 12-15 items from the list and make progress on a few more. I have several holidays over the next few months, and I plan to get ahead in all of the holiday festivities so nothing is done at the last minute (at least that is the goal). I look forward to seeing what everyone is working on this quarter. Linking up to Throw a Wrench in the Works for the 2017 Finish-A-Long.

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.