Monday, October 16, 2017

Slow Monday

I had a rough weekend, thanks to a migraine, and my wonderful time to quilt was dashed due to the throbbing pain in my head.  So be it, it is a new week, a long work week, and I finally get to finish some cleaning that has been needed for a while.  However, Friday night is my own and as a result I will be finishing by Breakfast Club's homework in the nick of time.  Lets see what my goals are for the week.

The first goal is to complete step 3 of Royal Gardens, which is my Breakfast Club's assignment at my LQS.  I am going to be finishing this one while sliding into home base.  I need to cut and put together.  There are only four of the same blocks, but just like anything they take some time to put them together.

My second goal is to cut out this lovely baby quilt, which will be a simple rail fence quilt.  I am going to make it scrappy, so I need to cut each individual piece out and then start sewing.  I did not make any progress on this last five weeks and failed to work on it.  So I really hope I can this week, especially since it is my October OMG again.


My third goal is to start making the next part of Woodcarver's Star by Judy Niemeyer.  I got the middle part done, and there is another star that is bigger than the first to be done.  I want to work on this and maybe get it all done before my retreat with a Certified Instructor, Cat Wilson, in two weekends.  That way I can learn the next step for the quilt and work on it before the next retreat.  This is my center star, already completed.  I can not wait to see how it all turns out, I love the colors.


The last item is when I have spare time in the evening/during laundry time, which is to finish knitting this afghan.  I have about 9 rows left, maybe 12 depending upon size.  I worked on it this past week, however I dropped a few stitches and had to backtrack about four rows.  I have almost made it back to where I was at the beginning of last week.


I'm slowly learning that I like to over plan what I want to do, and as a result I do not get a lot done.  I am a work in progress, and I hope that my choosing only a few projects to work on, I can actually make progress on.  Plus it always takes longer to do something than I think it will.  I am enjoying the process though and that is why I quilt, not to just crank out the quilts.  I'm excited to see what everyone else is working on!

Linking up to:
Main Crush Monday

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. I always underestimate the amount of time it will take me to finish the items on my to do list, resulting in feeling not very productive. I've learned to cut down my list, and that has helped a lot. That star is so colorful and looks lovely. I hope you have a good time at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.