Friday, September 23, 2016

Blogger Quilt Festival - Small Quilt

My second entry into the Blogger Quilt Festival, hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side is called "Spring Butterflies."  This quilt was finished just in time for this festival and I'm very excited to be sharing it with everyone.  I am entering it into the small quilt category, as it is a baby/toddler size quilt.

This quilt was made with a simple 4-patch square and a charm square to create the pattern.  I love how the diagonal lines are created with the placement of the 4-patch squares and charm squares.  I love when a binding is able to achieve this because I feel like it gives a frame to the quilt, to help focus the eye somewhere on the quilt.


I did the quilting myself on a long-arm.  A simple meander with butterflies mixed in, as there are butterflies in the charm squares and the backing fabric, hence the name of the quilt.  I would like to believe that my quilting has gotten better as I have practiced using the long-arm machine.  I do not own one, but I rent time at my local quilt shop.


One last picture of the back with the front, which ties it together perfectly.  If you are checking me out for the first time welcome.  The Blogger's Quilt Festival is running between September 18 thru September 30.  I'm going to head over there and see what everyone else has entered.  Thank you to Amy for doing a wonderful job of hosting and putting this all together.  

Thanks for stopping by!
-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.