Wednesday, November 6, 2019

15 Minutes of Stitching - Week 44 2019


Let us see how the last week went on the stitching front.

Days spent stitching in the week: 7 out of 7
Days spent stitching in October: 31out of 31
Days spent stitching in November: 3 out of 3
Days spent stitching in 2019: 295 out of 307
Success Rate: 96.1%
My week runs from Monday to Sunday.

My week was easy to find stitching time.  No random parties or late nights took place.  I feel very accomplished for making it with this high of a success rate by this point this year.  It helps that I have a designated space to lay things out and have to create, plus a supportive husband who encourages me to go and do my 15 minutes of stitching.  Next year will be different, and I'm starting to think ahead on how I would like to set my goals.  Especially since end of April/beginning of May our lives will change drastically when we welcome our child into the world.  I'm tossing the idea around, in my head, of having 15 minutes of stitching include cross stitching or knitting if I do not have the energy to get up out of bed.  I feel like those things could help me relax after a long day, finish my 15 minutes, and go directly to bed.  Thoughts are still going back and forth in my mind, and we will see what I decide to do.  What are your thoughts?

This week, no fabric came in or went out.  That is okay, as the 1-2 weeks very little will go out as I work on the back of a quilt that is pieced.  I still have some serious work to do to try and decrease my fabric gain to 325-350 yards for the year, but I believe I will get there.

Fabric out this week: 0 yards
Fabric out, in 2019: 45.23 yards
Fabric in this week: 0 yards
Fabric in, in 2019: 422.69 yards
Fabric difference in 2019: gain of 377.46 yards

I hope everyone had a great week!

Sharing at:
Life in Pieces

-Christina

2 comments:

  1. Great metrics this week. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. When our girl was little, I had a deal with My Guy, I got 20 minutes every evening after dinner to play in my sewing room, he took the kiddo. But she was about 2 when I started quilting. You'll probably have to try a few things and see what works best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I know I wound up doing very little crafting when my daughter was young, except for the crafts we did together. It was helpful to me to let things go so I could focus on her and kept me from getting stressed out that I had too much to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.