Friday, December 21, 2018

Woodland Split 9-Patch Finished!

This quilt was finished in November, and gifted in November, and I am FINALLY writing a post about my finish!


Woodland Split 9-Patch was finished on November 17, 2018, and gifted to our God-Son, just 11 months after he joined this world.  When am I not late on a quilt?  This was from a kit from Missouri Star Quilt Company, and the woodland fabric was too cute to pass up, plus it matched the theme in his nursery.  The pattern was a split 9-patch, which made it easy to come together.  I did learn that there was shrinkage in the precut squares as I starch everything before using.  I had to adjust some cutting measurements, but overall I think the quilt came out wonderfully.

I quilted it using my LQS's rental time on the long arm, and did a simple meander, something that will wash well and make the quilt cuddly.  The backing is minky that I have left over from other projects and worked well.


Woodland Split 9-Patch was gifted on Thanksgiving day as the reciepant was in town!  It is number 32 in my Quarter 4 Finish-A-Long list.

Sharing at:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIFFriday

Christina

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! and you are not late - you were just planning it so that your God son could enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful and so lovely work :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.