Monday, March 19, 2018

Design Wall Monday

Last week my husband and I took a trip to Texas to visit a good friend.  We had a wonderful time, but it is also nice to come home, and use my machine again.  While we were on travel I was able to draw out a few quilts that have been floating around in my head for a while now.  It is nice to finally get them down on paper.  There are still a few more I want to draw out, but that will be for another travel time in the future.














In the last two weeks I also was able to "finish" my Snowflake Table Runner and Royal Gardens to hang in my church's quilt show this last Saturday.  What I did to finish them because I could not get the binding sewn all of the way down, was I pinned it.  No one would be the wiser, but now I need to go back and sew the binding down.

This week has a few new goals, but some are older that I want to get finished.  I have a plan, and I hope to get most of them fully accomplished.

My first goal is to finish the Snowflake table runner.  I have about three fourths of the binding left to sew down, which is something nice to do before bed as I relax.


My second goal is to finish cutting out Ring of Stars, which is a belated wedding gift.  I was able to iron all of the starched fabric last night, and I have a plan for cutting.  I am almost done with cutting out one of the colors, as it is a two color quilt.


My third goal is to start on one of three stitch and flip wreaths.  I would like to cut out all of the pieces for one of them, and iron on the fusible to be able to sit down and sew it together next week.




My fourth goal is to iron the table runner fabrics for a bridal shower gift that is coming up.  I would love to also start cutting, but I think what I have is more than enough to try and get done.  Getting the table runner started and one side of it cut out is my March OMG so I am working to get ahead of the game, and not doing it last minute, like I have been for a lot of things this year.  I want to change that and get ahead!


In addition to my quilting goals, I have some home goals, which include cleaning out the refrigerator and freezer, cleaning the oven, and starting to clean the carpet by testing out a new product I found.

Linking up with:
Design Wall
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.