Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goals for 2017 - Quilting


Yvonne from Jetgirl Quilting has challenged us what will be our goals for the 2017 year. My goals are:

1. Work on and or finish Wedding presents - there are quilts for C&T, (quilt to finish), T&M (table runner to finish), L&B (quilt to start), S&D (quilt to work on), J&B (table runner to finish), D&D (quilt to work on/finish?), and N&B (quilt to gift at their wedding).

2. Complete Dr. Who quilt for my husband

3. Finish a quilt for Mom

4. Participate in a QAL, and keep up with the clues as they are given

5. Make tutorial for blog to help spread the quilting word

6. Start to organize stash/cut up scraps from previous quilts and keep up with new scraps

7. DO NOT buy fabric or kits unless it is needed to finish a project (it is a goal, but in reality it probably won't last too long).

8. Finish Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts

9. Organize pattern library, or even start to

10. Get out more in the blogging community, which means I need to comment and post on other people's blog posts, offering words of encouragement and offering advice from what I have learned.

11. Post more about the process of making something on my blog, instead of just showing a finished project.

It is a long list, but if I stick to it I could make some really good progress. I want to have this year be a year of growing my blog, as it will be my second year blogging. There are a few things I need to work on personally, such as finding balance between home life, like up keeping our place and time for quilting and blogging. I was lacking balance last year with my blog, updating on what I'm working on vs what I have finished.

I'm looking forward to what other people's goals are for the new year.

Happy New Year!
-Christina

2 comments:

  1. The list might seem long, but I count 11(ish) quilts on your list (not sure how many of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts to add!), which could be doable in a one a month kind of fashion if that would speak to you. Thank you so much for sharing your goals and linking up. I wish you a wonderful 2017 and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne! It is like a big elephant, one bite at a time. If I could just make progress on all of the quilts I have that would be awesome. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.