Friday, December 30, 2016

Finished Jester Costume

After we returned from the 2 weddings we attended, I had to jump in and make a jester costume for my husband for a Medieval dinner that was held at our church during the Holiday season.  I think it turned out very well, very mismatched, exactly what the director wants.  I bought the socks and shoes and the hat was given to us, and I took it from there.

This was my first time making a costume/clothing piece and there were not some pretty words coming out of my mouth at times.  The pattern was a medium, and my husband is an XL, so I enlarged the pattern by cutting a few extra inches here and there around the pattern.  I did not need to do that everywhere, and I had to do a few seams to take things in.  I also got to work with elastic for the first time, and let us just say there were more naughty words said during this part of the making. In the end, everything turned out very well, and EVERYONE loved the costume.  Who knows if there will be a next time that I make a costume, but at least I can say I tried it!

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Friday posts.  Now it is time to go and put the finishing touches on my 2017 quilty goals/quilt list to finish.

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed! I quilt but have never attempted clothing...this is an amazing first effort!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.