Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Design Wall Tuesday/Wednesday

Since the first of the year, life has been a whirlwind.  Last Sunday we learned that my Grandfather was being put on hospice, and dying.  Monday he requested to have the whole family see him before he passed.  About 8 hours before I was to board my flight he passed away, on January 1, 2020.  On January 2, we learned we had to have the funeral that weekend as the pastor would start a 3 month sabbatical the following weekend.  My husband and I had to fly out on Friday, January 3 for the wake, funeral service, and internment; Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  We flew home yesterday.  It has all happened so quickly, I have not really had time to process everything.  But, to help bring me to my happy place, I was lucky to find time to work on my Niece's quilt each day while I was away.  I know before everything happened I was working on the binding for my Mom's quilt.  I have about one more day's worth of work on it, and then it will be done.

It is a New Year, and I have a few goals.  My January One Monthly Goal has been set, and that is what I plan to work on for the rest of the week.  My goal is to start on it, by laying out the panels, pinning them, and start sewing the lines, as I'm creating a chanielled blanket for a co-worker's new baby.  My stretch goal is to be half way done sewing the lines.


The panel is so cute.

My second goal is to organize and put all of Christmas away.  We were in the middle of it when everything happened, so I need to finish it, and do some general housework that was waylaid while the Holidays were here.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.