Saturday, January 13, 2018

Jo's Block of the Month Challenge

Jo from Jo's Country Junction is hosting a challenge in 2018 in which we make progress and/or finish a Block of the Month quilt that has been UFO for a little while.  This is also a great motivation for her to get two quilts using the same pattern done, one for her and one for her daughter.

I have decided to participate because I have the perfect project that I would love to see get done this year.  My project for the year is Sweet Tooth by Jaybird Quilts. I am making the queen, and a baby quilt. I bought two kits because the kit only made a twin, but really the kit they give you has enough fabric that you can squeeze out a queen from it. Due to having extra fabric I thought it would be awesome to make a beautiful baby quilt at the same time. Make one more of every block as I am making them for the quilt and wa-la I would have another small quilt, perfect for a close friend when they have a kid, or need one in a hurry.


My goal for the month of January is to iron the black and grey fabric for the background and finish cutting the background pieces for both the queen and baby quilt. Once I get this all done, it will be time for some serious sewing to finish it all up, and I can not wait to see it all finished.


Good luck to all in accomplishing your goal this month! If you are struggling, maybe do a small task and have something fun as a reward? That seems to work well for me. Until next month!

Linking up to:
Jo's Country Junction

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.