Thursday, December 14, 2017

Preparing for the Holidays

I'm in the deep throng of the holiday hubbub. My work had their Christmas party yesterday, which included a cookie exchange, potluck lunch, and gift exchange. As a result the beginning of the week was spent preparing for that. I have been to the store more times in the past week than I normally go in a month, and I STILL have another trip to do. This is all because plans have changed and potluck dishes need to be made at the last minute. Below was our cookie exchange, 27 people participated and some great cookies were shared!


Besides cookies and tamales, I have deadlines to meet for some gifts, which are also part of my December OMG. I am working on chenielling this blanket for my niece. I have to get it done this week.


In addition I need to finish two of the stitch and flip wreaths this week, I have all of the fabrics picked out, and I hope to start cutting them out tonight, after I go to the store and finish baking a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. Good thing I have a sew day tomorrow that I will be attending. It is another potluck, where I will be making a simple dish.



















I think I have created a schedule this week that I will be able to get everything done. My nose is to the grind stone. Come back on Friday as I hope to have a finish then. I will be putting the finishing touches on it during my sew day on Friday.

Linking up with:
Sew Fresh Quilts

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.