Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Planning Goals


I set 2017 goals, lets see how I did:
1. Work on and or finish Wedding presents - there are quilts for C&T, (quilt to finish), T&M (table runner to finish), L&B (quilt to start), S&D (quilt to work on), J&B (table runner to finish), D&D (quilt to work on/finish?), and N&B (quilt to gift at their wedding).  I did finish the two table runners, but did not finish any of the quilts.  I made some progress in the cutting department, but nothing was really sewn together.

2. Complete Dr. Who quilt for my husband.  I started cutting this out, but I need to finish cutting it out and start sewing it together.

3. Finish a quilt for Mom.  I did not even touch this one.

4. Participate in a QAL, and keep up with the clues as they are given.  I have followed along with several QALs, but time just keeps slipping away.

5. Make tutorial for blog to help spread the quilting word.  I'm not exactly sure what I originally meant by this.  I did create a tutorial and participated in a blog hop, which was great progress for myself.

6. Start to organize stash/cut up scraps from previous quilts and keep up with new scraps.  I have in my mind how I want to do this, but no action was taken to actually fill the system.

7. DO NOT buy fabric or kits unless it is needed to finish a project (it is a goal, but in reality it probably won't last too long).  Haha, I'm sure this did not last long, I bought plenty this last year.

8. Finish Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts.  I did not touch this.

9. Organize pattern library, or even start to.  Again, I know what I want to do, but I have not put that plan in action yet.

10. Get out more in the blogging community, which means I need to comment and post on other people's blog posts, offering words of encouragement and offering advice from what I have learned.  I have been getting better at this, especially within the last few months.  Granted I might comment on a post a month after it was published, but I feel like that still counts, right?

11. Post more about the process of making something on my blog, instead of just showing a finished project.  I believe I am getting better about this also.  I started doing a design wall monday post and including what I wanted to work on during the week.  I will be continuing this in 2018, because I actually enjoyed them.

Well, 2017, was not as productive as I originally had hoped it would be.  The new year starts fresh, and I want to refocus myself and set achievable goals for myself.  I have broken them out in categories so there might be a few goals under each one.

1. Blogging -

  • Blog at least once a week, I like Mondays as I enjoy sharing what I was able to accomplish within the last week, and what my plan is for the next week.
  • Comment on other blog posts.
  • Improve my picture taking skills.
2. QAL -

  • Follow along with one mystery QAL and keep up.  There are several options throughout the year - Cora's Quilts, Meadow Mist Designs, or Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.
3. Showing Work -

  • Enter 2 quilts into a Quilt Show at church in March
  • Enter 4 quilts into the local Quilt Show in September.

4. Personal Sanity -

  • Sew, cut, or iron fabric for 15 minutes each day.  Realistically I will accomplish it between 200-300 days this year, but I am going to strive to do it all 365 days.

5. Organizing/Cleaning -

  • Clean off desk - these items need ironing and folding as the fabric has been starched and it will be nice to have it ready for when I start on a project.
  • Organize and empty 4 laundry baskets full of fabric, putting fabric away.
  • Organize (at least start) the quilt patterns as they are overflowing.

Overall goal:
My overall goal is not to buy new projects, I have plenty and by working 15 minutes or more a day I will make progress on a few projects this year.  Focus on what I have and use it.  Do not pine over another project.  I am noticing that when I do not touch fabric or work on something crafty for a while I start to look for another project and if it is on sale I buy.

My word for 2018 is focus.

Linking up and sharing at:

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up. I hope that you are able to review these goals and that they help you find a log of quilting joy in 2018. Happy New Year1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.