Saturday, June 25, 2016

Small Finishes

Last weekend I attended a baby shower, and I was able to crank out a few baby gifts before I went.  The theme of the baby's nursery is The Last Airbender, which is a TV show that came out around 2005 ish.  I like to make gifts that go with the nursery theme, and I found some fabric with the four elements, which is a big part of the show.  (I'm not sure how it all ties in, as I never got into the show, but it is popular)  I made four burp rags, four bandana bibs, and a tag blanket.  They were appreciative, and I had a lot of fun making them.
(Inspector Kitty tried to get into the picture...)

During the week I also finished a baby quilt, for a baby who was born in December....I am a little late on it, but I did finally get it done.  I am very proud of it, as I think it turned out very cute.  The nursery theme is Dr. Seuss, and the quilt's name is "Oh the Places You'll Go!", which is also quilted in the middle.  I was able to do the quilting myself on a long-arm that I rented time at my local quilt shop.  To finish this quilt was one of my Quarter 2 goals, and I am very happy to say I got it done.  I did put a label on it, and I was able to get it into the mail for its intended recipant.

I just love the texture that the quilting created on the quilt.

A small update, I was recently able to sell the machine that I bought used, and did not really like using.  This is exciting for me because eventually I will be buying a new sewing machine with the ability to embroider as this is something I am interested in doing.  I have a list of qualities I would like in a machine, and I have narrowed it down to two brands, but the next big step is test them out and get to know them.  I will let you all know which one I decide to buy, and maybe even ask opinions.

For now, I am linking up to a Whoop Whoop, and Crazy Mom Quilts.

Christina

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful finish! Love a bright, beautiful baby quilt. I'm sure the little person will cherish it for life. On behalf of the FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.