Friday, December 13, 2019

Retirement Quilt Finished!

A quilt that I have been working on almost exclusively since April is finally finished!  I am over the moon to have it completed.  It was a retirement gift for our pastor who retired in July.


It finished at a whooping 68" by 97", which is the perfect size for a guy well over 6 foot.  It is double sided.


The front has signatures and messages from the congregation, and the back has a Thank you and years he served our church, plus his favorite songs, retirement quotes, and words to describe him.  I love how it turned out, and I am proud of it.  Yes, it is not perfect by all means, but that is okay.  I found a mistake in the back after I finished binding it.  Oh well, what can I do?  Nothing!


I quilted it on the longarm at my Local Quilt Shop with a simple stipple around the borders, but not on the written parts on the front.  I bound it with the red that I used for the border, which gives it a nice clean appearance.


I started this quilt on April 22, 2019 and finished it on December 8, 2019.  This is the first quilt I have finished this year, and it is the first large quilt I have made in under a year.  Wow that feels great!

This was number 54 in my Finish-a-Long set in October.
Sharing at:
Alycia Quilts
Confessions of a Fabric Addict

-Christina

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! And such a work of love. Your pastor will treasure it always, Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I have also made a quilt for a pastor, and believe me, I know how hard it is to even get everyone's signatures! Your quilt turned out great, and will be a lovely remembrance. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful memento for your pastor. I love that you made it two sided, particularly since either one of the sides would have been wonderful on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!! he will cherish it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.