Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Design Wall Tuesday

This past week, I did not get to all of my goals, but I got a large chunk of them done.  I had a Judy Niemeyer paper piecing class with a certified instructor.  She is scheduled at the shop about once a year, so you have to come with questions or areas you need help on.  I did, and I got what I wanted done.  I got section D done, the top part is what I needed help with.


Then I started on the next section, and got about 28% of the way done with it.  This quilt is slowly coming together, and I can not wait to get it finished!


In addition to some of the quilting goals being met, I was able to finish finding furniture and placing it in the house, and went through the estate stuff from my Grandmother that arrived on Monday.

My goals for the next week are below.  I plan to focus on the stitch and flip corner blocks for the back of Rev. Craig's retirement quilt.  My goal is to finish 50 of the stitch and flip corner blocks, but my stretch goal is to get them all done.  If I get them all done this week, I want to start focusing on trimming the bonus triangles I am getting from these blocks.


My second goal, which will continue to be a goal until it is completely done, is to work on unpacking our house.  Our goal for the week is to set up the patio, and work on the garage sale/goodwill pile.  My stretch goal is to finish going through the garage sale/goodwill pile, and go through two drawers on the dresser I need to clean out. 

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your Judy quilt come together! I have always wanted to do one of her quilts but have never had enough courage to start one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.