Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Design Wall Tuesday

This last week was productive.  Granted not what I totally planned, but sometimes a little clean up and organization is good for the soul.  I finished sewing the sashing pieces together, and then ironed them to start creating blocks for the quilt I am working on.


I also was fed up with some scraps that had been sitting at my cutting table and decided it was time to start cutting them down.  So I did.  I made tumblers, 1.5", 2", and 2.5" squares, and 2.5" by 6" strips for a braided border.  My table is cleaned, and I have my eye on the next stack of scraps I want to work on (I just have to unpack them).


My goals for this week are:
1. Finish my February OMG, which is almost done.  I started to sew a block together, and I just need to finish it to complete my goal.  However my goal for this week is to put together at least 4 blocks.


2. Get 3/4's of the way done with knitting the baby blanket for a co-worker.  The rows are getting shorter and I'm noticing how quicker each one is going.  I am close to 3/4's just not there yet, hopefully this week.

3. Finish cutting my fabric pieces for the Daisy Chain Mystery Quilt Along and be ready for the first clue, which will be released next week.  I hope you are joining us.


4.  Continue to unpack and organize my house.  This past week we had our first set of real guests, and it was nice to host people, but it is back to unpacking and organizing.  It is taking a lot longer than expected, but I'm confident that we are putting things in the right spots so we do not have to worry about them moving forward.

5. I am 90% sure I will be doing the San Diego County shop hop with my Mom this weekend.  I do not plan to buy anything except for the block kits.  I know how I want to finish it and I have all of the fabrics already.  Fingers crossed I stick to this plan as I do not need ANYTHING!  Plus I need to save to repair our main sewer line, which needs to be repaired by the summer.  The theme this year is Notions.

I hope everyone has a productive and great week!
Sharing at:

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.