Monday, February 18, 2019

Design Wall Monday

Yes!  I made it on a Monday!  Small victories, even though I missed last week's.  What have I been working on these last two weeks?  Well there has been a decent chunk I believe.  I have used almost 5 yards of fabric in the last two weeks, which I think is amazing!  I have finished the border on this quilt.  Next step is quilting, but that won't be until April I believe.


I was able to complete the 6th and final panel on this quilt, but I do not have a picture of it yet.  Next is a black border and then the braided border.  I have to see if I have any black fabric starched.  I thought I did, but it is going to be a hunt.


I also finished my Breakfast Club homework!!!  Early too.  I worked on step 5, putting the 4 patches into more 4 patches.  They turned out well.  I am halfway done with my February OMG, which feels awesome!


My goals for this week are:
1. Continue working on my February OMG, which step 5 is completed, now to start step 6.  I want to get the sashing completed this week, and start laying out the blocks that will be put together.  I can not wait to see these come together!


2. Get 3/4's of the way done with knitting the baby blanket for a co-worker.  She is delivering tomorrow, so I missed giving it to her before baby came, but when she comes to visit in about a month, I hope I can have it done and ready for her by then.

3. Finish starching fabric for the Daisy Chain Mystery Quilt Along (it has not been drying very well as it is so cold here).  Finish cutting and be ready for the first clue.  I hope you are joining us.  I will be posting my cut fabric tomorrow, so come back to see it.


4.  Continue to unpack and prep my house.  We have our first official guests over, that are not family, but like family coming this weekend!  I would love to organize and put away some of my sewing area, but we will see what happens, as it is a busy week, and I just hurt myself today.  It is going to be an interesting week indeed.

I hope everyone has a productive and great week!
Sharing at:


-Christina

1 comment:

  1. You are working some lovely quilts. Oh dear, I hope you are okay. Enjoy your guest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.