Monday, April 1, 2019

Design Wall Monday

The past two weeks have been a ton of fun!  I'm still in shock with everything that has happened a little.  First off I took two classes with Bonnie Hunter!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I also got my picture with her because of what my shirt says!


I was able to get two full blocks done, and they look great!  These blocks are for a quilt called Sandcastles found in her brand new book.


The second class I took what Box Kites, which comes from another of her books.


I loved every moment of her classes, plus I got to quilt!  Who could complain?  Then half way through Box Kites, my husband sent a text, call me ASAP...I thought something was wrong as they were driving back to my in-law's house.  He then told me he won one of the grand prizes!!!!  How awesome is that!  Of course he does not quilt so he is "donating" it to me.  He has requested a quilt out of some of the fabrics, which is so hard to do... ;)

 

Since we got home I was able to finish my March OMG, however I ran out of time to post before the deadline.  It is okay, I will get it this month.

     

Now that we are back from vacation, it is time to get back into my projects.  The first thing is to decide on what my April One Monthly Goal will be.  I have a few options, I just have to narrow it down and pick one.

My second goal is to work on and finish Unit C for the Daisy Chain Mystery QAL.  I am having fun, and basically keeping up with the clues.


My third goal is to work on my niece's birthday present or start to work towards my April One Monthly Goal.

My fourth and final goal, which will continue to be a goal until I am completely done, is work on unpacking our house.  Our goal for the week is to finish the kitchen, and work on tearing out the front planter box.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:
Love Laugh Quilt
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

-Christina

2 comments:

  1. I am SO JEALOUS you got to take a class with Bonnie! I am going to maybe try to take a class when she is in PA in July. Also, yay for young quilters! I'm going to be 31 in June. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Christina! You look like you are having so much fun "at your 30th birthday party" with Bonnie Hunter, and I love how your blocks look with all those vibrant fabric bits. I even recognize a couple prints from my own stash. And CONGRATULATIONS that your husband scored the grand prize!! Is he going to start quilting on that new Janome? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.