Monday, July 16, 2018

Design Wall Monday

Where has the last two weeks gone?  I keep thinking it was longer, but I was only out of town for 9 days last week.  Did I get what I planned to get accomplished for the two weeks?  NO!  Absolutely not!  I did not finish drawing out even one full quilt, or start hand quilting the pillow cover I am making for a blog hop that I'm presenting in on Thursday (scroll down to see where it is).

Now that I am home, and decently settled again, I can think about what I want to accomplish within the next week:

First I want to finish my sample for my tutorial, which includes hand quilting the top, and making the pillow.  In addition to that I need to flush out the tutorial for my Christmas in July project.  The Christmas in July blog hop is currently taking place at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  This blog hop has a ton of bloggers, and began on July 14th, so come on by and check it out.  I will be sharing my tutorial and a few other fun things on Thursday, July 19th.

(No picture of the finished project yet)

My second goal is to work towards finishing my second snowflake pillow, that I started for the last Christmas in July blog hop.  A few people saw my pillow top and wanted a tutorial, so I figured this would be the year I provided.  I will be machine quilting this one, to show two different ways to quilt it and still make it look good.


My third goal is to start working on my July One Monthly Goal.  I would love to get all of the 9 patches sewn together, but laying them out and starting to sew them together is just as good too.


That is all this week, as this weekend I am going on a shop hop around Southern California with my Mom.  We are both excited to be going, and I will share my spoils (which will be few and far between as I'm on a project/fabric diet) with you all next week.

Linking up with:
Design Wall
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful! The colors you chose for your July goal are lovely! More and more I'm reading more and more about hand stitching! That makes my heart sing as I, too, love to hand stitch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.