Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Shop Hop

At the beginning of March, I had the pleasure of going on the San Diego County shop hop with my wonderful husband.  We spent a day hitting all 10 stores, doing a little shopping, going to a favorite restaurant of ours, and a brewery for his pleasure.

The theme for this year was Down on the Farm.  At each store you visit, a free pattern is given at the time that your passport is stamped.  All stores also sell a $5 block kit for their block.  I wanted to support each store, so I bought a block kit.  Below are all of them laid out.  There were some cute blocks created.


Of course I made a few purchases, but they were limited as I am on a no fabric buying stint.  I had my list and I mostly stuck to it, which is what I wanted to do.

The first stop was Rosie's Calico Cupboard, where they were having their staff stash sale (that happens twice a year).  I was able to find a few pieces for my rainbow bargello quilt that I am slowly collecting for.  I even started the fabric collection by raiding my fabric stash first!  I still need to buy a lot, but slow progress is better than none!  I also got a cute bag for making a purchase, over a certain amount.  It is the perfect size to put an in-progress project in.


The last stop that I bought something other than the block kit was at Quilt in a Day.  I picked up some fabric precuts in the clearance bin that are in the fabric lines I have had my eyes on for a while now.  I found some fabric for the start of a log cabin quilt I have had on my mind a lot recently.  I also picked up the finishing kit and two more blocks to make a nice layout for all of the blocks put into a quilt.  My husband and I both agreed this was the best layout of the few layouts that were presented to us.


Overall, we had a very fun and successful day, my husband loved it so much he wants to do it again with me next year.  He is trying to call dibs before my Mom for the next shop hop.  It makes my heart sing that he had such a great time, and supports my big quilting hobby addiction.  The theme for next year is notions.  I am excited to see what blocks are created.

Sharing at:
Sew Fresh Quilts

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.