Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Vacation and Slow Progress

I have just returned from a wonderful vacation that was also my husband's and mine belated honeymoon to Disney World.  We had a magical time exploring all of the parks.  Besides tired feet, and a cold caught from the passenger sitting next to us on the way to Florida we fared very well.
Me and Tigger, my favorite character from Winnie the Pooh.  I love his happy personality, it is similar to mine.

My husband and I with the castle lit up behind us.  Even though it is dark, I really like this picture of us.

While on vacation, I could not just leave home and not take any craft projects, who could?  My slow progress for the week has been the prep work for this quilt:

It is going to be a dresden plate quilt, and I have been working on cutting the fabric and cutting the templates for the blades of each plate.  I made a decent dent in them while traveling, however I have some work to do at home to finish my One Monthly Goal (OMG).  Moving forward this is going to be a constant WIP because I need to get the top finished no later than August to quilt and get it bound for a wedding at the end of the year.  I am up for the challenge, but this quilt is on the forefront of my mind.



I also started a cross stitch, more like I found the middle and put in three stitches before I had a knot in my thread.  As a result, no pictures of it yet, another project to finish by the end of the year.  I think it is a gorgeous design, but simple, which is perfect for when I have three other big things to finish this year.

I'm excited to see what everyone else is working on.

Linking up to Sew Fresh Quilts.

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.