Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Design Wall Wednesday

Within the last week I was able to get a totally unfinished quilt top into a 80% put together quilt top.  To get that much done in a week is amazing to me!  Yes, the bigger blocks help it go together a little quicker than smaller blocks, but it still feels great.  I was able to get my goal and stretch goal completed before the end of the week, which feels amazing to be able to do.  It helps I blocked out a good chunk of time on Saturday, while my husband had friends over.


We also make some progress on the front yard, and have a plan of attack so maybe we will be done with it before the baby comes.  We are going to try!  We attacked the corner, and removed a wall of roots, and the brick wall that was part of the planter bed.  This week we want to fully remove it, and start digging it out to get it to the level it needs to be.


My goals for this week are simple.  The first goal is to finish working on my February One Monthly Goal.  My goal is to sew rows 6 and 7 together and finish the quilt top.  Once the quilt top is completed, I need to stay stitch around the whole quilt as there will be no border to hold all of the seams together.

My second goal is to pull out a long term ufo, the Christmas table runner.  Last month I was able to get the blocks re-done, and my goal is to get them sewn together, and start on border 1.  My stretch goal is finish border 1 and 2.  The picture below shows the stain from some Pepsi that was spilled on it, that is why I have to re-do stuff, as I took it apart and replaced the two pieces that were effected by the spill.


My third goal is to continue working on the house.  This will always be a goal, especially as we prepare to have a family get together at our house, get ready for baby, and continue making our house a home for us.  I really am going to finish putting away Christmas this week.  I just need to move some boxes and label a few more, and then I'm done.  I would like to caulk some floorboards to help prevent critters from coming in, work on transferring closet items back to our new closet, and work on the outside, including vent replacements (keep the critters out), front yard and the orange tree.  My stretch goal is to work on cleaning off the table and put things away around the kitchen.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Sharing at:
Love, Laugh, and Quilt
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.