Monday, September 23, 2019

Design Wall Monday

Yes! I am doing this on Monday!  Happy day.  This past week has been busy, but still productive in my sewing corner.  I was able to finish over 100 4-patches this week, 142 to be exact.  It feels great to have that many done.


I was also able to iron the side borders for the quilt top, and then measure for the top and bottom borders.  All three measurements I took matched each other.  I was so proud of myself when I measured, I was smiling ear to ear for a little while.

My goals for the next week are below.  My first goal is to work on the back of Rev. Craig's quilt.  I would like to complete the rest of the 4-patches, cut, pin, and sew on the top and bottom borders, and work on trimming up the 1/2 square triangles I have created thanks to the bonus triangle method.  My stretch goal is to start to layout the back and write on the blocks that need to be written on.


My second goal, which will continue to be a goal until it is completely done, is to work on unpacking our house.  Our goal for the week is to clean the kitchen, set up the patio, and work on the living room.  My stretch goal is to work on the garage sale/goodwill pile, and keep sifting dirt from our front yard.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Sharing at:

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. Those four patches look fabulous, love the autumn/jewel tones and the edges are so precise and even. How little are they, and what will you be doing with them? I hope your unpacking goes smoothly. It's been over 10 years since we moved into a new home but I do remember how agonizingly long it takes to get unpacked and settled with everything functional in the new place so you can get back to just living!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.