Friday, December 28, 2018

2019 Planning Goals



With 2019 almost upon us, I thought it would be a great idea to look at how 2018 went before laying out my goals for the new year.

1. Blogging -

  • Blog at least once a week, I like Mondays as I enjoy sharing what I was able to accomplish within the last week, and what my plan is for the next week.  - I was doing pretty well for the first eight months on blogging regularly, however due to some things going on in my life it has not been my first priority.  It is always a work in progress.  I have blogged at least once a week sharing my 15 minutes of stitching post, but I have not shared what I'm working on for a few months.
  • Comment on other blog posts. - I'm not the best at this, but I do try, even if it is three-six months late :)
  • Improve my picture taking skills. - I did not work on this.
2. QAL -

  • Follow along with one mystery QAL and keep up.  There are several options throughout the year - Cora's Quilts, Meadow Mist Designs, or Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. - I did not accomplish any of this, this year.  My last hope was Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt and then we started packing and moving right before it started, leaving no time or money for the mystery quilt.
3. Showing Work -

  • Enter 2 quilts into a Quilt Show at church in March - I was able to complete this!
  • Enter 4 quilts into the local Quilt Show in September. - I did not have enough quilts that meet their requirements to complete this.  

4. Personal Sanity -

  • Sew, cut, or iron fabric for 15 minutes each day.  Realistically I will accomplish it between 200-300 days this year, but I am going to strive to do it all 365 days. - I have done very well with this!  I'm above 90% which I feel is great, and I plan to finish the year out strong by keeping it above 90%, which is over 300 days of stitching this year!

5. Organizing/Cleaning -

  • Clean off desk - these items need ironing and folding as the fabric has been starched and it will be nice to have it ready for when I start on a project. - My starched fabric is all organized, waiting for me to start working on said project.  All of it is just in a few boxes right now.
  • Organize and empty 4 laundry baskets full of fabric, putting fabric away. - I did not organize it, but it is all in boxes waiting for me to pull it out and organize the fabric.
  • Organize (at least start) the quilt patterns as they are overflowing. - I did not get to this, but again, it is all in boxes at the moment, and will be for at least the first part of the year.

Overall goal:
My overall goal is not to buy new projects, I have plenty and by working 15 minutes or more a day I will make progress on a few projects this year.  Focus on what I have and use it.  Do not pine over another project.  I am noticing that when I do not touch fabric or work on something crafty for a while I start to look for another project and if it is on sale I buy.

I still bought a few new projects, but my spending and buying has slowed down considerably in the last few months because I'm realizing I have too much, and I need to use what I have before I can buy more.  Moving it all also makes you wake up and realize just how much you have.  I want to continue to focus on what I have and use it, and buy only what I need, if anything.

My word for 2018 is focus.

For 2019, my goals are below.

1. Blogging -

  • Continue to blog once a week, but try to increase it back up to two.  There will be some weeks that I will be able to blog three times a week, which would be nice to do on a consistent basis, but I'm not holding myself to it.
  • Comment on other's posts.  I am horrible at this and I want to do it to start conversations with people I follow.

2. Personal Sanity -

  • Continue to find 15 minutes to stitch each day.  I would like to stay above 90% next year.

3. Charity -


4. Organization -
  • I have a new sewing space!  It is going to be amazing.  I have some thoughts on how things should go, so I need to set it up and see if it works for me.  If not, it will be back to the drawing board on how I want things to be.  (My hope it all works out perfectly)
  • I have a small closet in my sewing space that I need to organize and put my stuff in, after I clean out what is in there.
  • Garage organization will consist of buying wire shelves and organizing the plastic boxes that were in storage onto them before 2020.
5. Unfinished Objects -

  • Complete 2 UFO's, which are labeled "UFO" under my WIP/UFO tab.


My word for the year is creating.  I plan to create my space, quilts, time and memories.  I want to create with what I have, occasionally buying to finish a project, but not to buy new projects.  I have learned from moving that I have way too much stuff and I need to cut back and create with what I have, and not drop everything to pick up something new.  I am excited to see what this year holds.

I can not wait to read what everyone else is planning on doing.
Sharing at:
Quilting JetGirl

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a wonderful year ahead of you. It's very exciting to be settling into a new (and fantastic!) sewing space, and I hope you are able to have a lot of joy as you create. Thank you for sharing and linking up with the Planning Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.