Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Design Wall Monday

These last two weeks have been a little busy!  Working on paperwork every night, waiting in anticipation in what the seller will come back and say to us, and keeping up a house has been a little busy.  The stress of everything took me down for a couple of days with a lovely cold, but tonight (Tuesday) I am finally starting to feel better!  It is amazing.  So now to quilting.  What have I accomplished?  I was able to get step 6 half done, by sewing my flying geese to the sides.  I was also able to finish and iron all of step 5, which were the flying geese.


I prepped the squares for my stitch and flip wreaths, so they are moving right along on be completed by the end of the month.


My goals for the week include sewing down the squares on the stitch and flip wreaths.  They are currently adhered by the Heat and Bond.


My second goal is to finish the binding on this quilt.  The recipient is out visiting family, and I want to gift it now to save on shipping costs :)


My third goal is to work on cutting out the last of the backing squares for my niece's ISpy quilt, and work on the last of the triangles.  Prepping the squares will be easy to do when moving, which is what I'm looking for, as it is going to get crazy.


My fourth goal is to start preparing to move.  Pull down pictures and patching holes.  Maybe packing some boxes for stuff we are not going to need in the next four weeks.  There is a lot to get done, but I am excited.  We are buying a house!

One thing that I will not be participating in this year is Bonnie Hunter's Mystery as we are going to be in the middle of moving, and I have plenty of other things to focus on.  I am taking classes with her at the Pigeon Forge Quiltfest in a few months, and I need to prep for that too.  I will save the clues and make it later, when I have more time, and more fabric selection/the ability to buy fabric again.

All of this should keep me pretty busy over the next week.  I hope everyone has a great Turkey Day if you are in the United States.

Linking up with:
Monday Making
Design Wall
Main Crush Monday

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.