Monday, September 25, 2017

A New Week

I did not get much done last week, but it is a new week and I am excited as I have to get things done. Nothing like a deadline to get projects moving.

The biggest goal I need to do is finish starching the fabric for my Storm at Sea class that I will be taking with Wendy Mathson during the San Diego Quilt Show, and then cut out the pieces to be prepared for class, plus get the usual things prepared on my machine, such as a new needle, full bobbin, and changing the foot.  I am really excited, and of course I will share my experience once I take her class.  I picked out all of my fabric for the first quilt I am going to do during my all expenses paid quilt shop trip from my wonderful husband, as a birthday gift.  Bonus, most of my fabric for this quilt came from my LQS's sale room!!!  During this trip I was able to get the last of the fabric needed for my second and bigger storm at sea quilt, plus some other quilts I have been collecting fabric for.  I want to work on it all at once!


Second is to cut out this lovely baby quilt, which will be a simple rail fence quilt.  I am going to make it scrappy, so I need to cut each individual piece out and then start sewing.  I did not make any progress on this last two weeks, so I really hope I can this week.


Third goal is to make progress on a surprise quilt.  I want to cut out the next section this week, but I can not do it while dear hubby is around, as it is a surprise for him.  Shhh, do not tell him.  (Due to this fact no pictures, I will share when I get it completed.  Hopefully before Christmas or maybe Valentines Day.)  I have not made progress on this item for the last two weeks.

The fourth goal is to iron fabric and then start cutting it to make my Magnolia Mystery Quilt, hosted by Meadow Mist Designs.  I always like her designs, and I'm excited to see how it shapes up.  I will share my fabrics once I pull them out, aka next week :)

The fifth goal is to start cutting out step 3 of Royal Gardens, which is my Breakfast Club's assignment at my LQS.  I would like to try and get it done early this next month.

The last item is when I have spare time in the evening, which is to finish knitting this afghan.  I have about 8 rows left, maybe 11 depending upon size.  I have a deadline (even though it keeps changing!), and I'm close to getting it done.


I'm excited to see what everyone else is working on!

Linking up to:



-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.