Monday, June 18, 2018

Design Wall Monday

This last week I finished sewing the 4-patch and the triangle units together for an overdue wedding quilt.  I learned how to spin my 4-patch seams by following Bonnie Hunter's tutorial.  I think they turned out great!


My goals for this week include:

My first goal is to make the second block type for my Mom's quilt.  The strips are all cut, I just need to put everything together, and use the strip tube ruler.  This is part of my June OMG, and if I get it done by the end of the week, I will be done early!  (I've never done that before)


My second goal for the week is to finish ironing and trimming triangle units.  Every little bit of work gets it closer to being finished.



My third goal is to finish the binding on this quilt.  I am a little over half way done with it, but the corners did not come out very well, when I sewed them down on the front side, so I'm having to go back and redo them.  Once I do the machine work it is just hand stitch the being down and the quilt will be done!  Hopefully by this weekend it will be done so I can wash it and then send it to the happy couple.


My fourth goal is to start working on the Kingfisher Stitch Along that is being hosted by Stitched in Color and Tales of Cloth.  This stitch along started two weeks ago, and it is at your own pace, which is what I'm doing.  Last week I punched out the hexis I needed, this week I would like to cut out the fabric for each flower.  Could I get all 46 flowers cut out after I get everything else done?


Come back next week and see!

Linking up with:
Design Wall
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like the color of those strips in your strip blocks. That quilt is going to be so pretty! Good luck on getting your flowers cut out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.