Monday, December 4, 2017

Design Wall Monday

I missed last week, I just ran out of time after wrapping up an extremely busy weekend.  I am definitely very happy to be back in the swing of things.  Thanksgiving went off successfully.  The bird was gorgeous, and the spread was pretty delicious too.






















We also moved storage units, and I was able to break down craft mountain and put it in the unit.  Below is it all organized, the last space not used yet will be for Christmas once we take it down in the new year.  And, we are all set up for Christmas, fresh wreath on the front door, lights hung up and tree decked out in its Christmas spirit.


During the last two weeks, I was able to work on the panel below.  it is now chenille, and the binding is sewn on, I just need to hand stitch it down when my husband is not around, like when he goes to work out, or when I'm hanging with my Grandma on Friday.  My first goal is to get the binding stitched down this week.


My second goal is to is to start quilting this panel for a chenille blanket.  My niece loves Doc McStuffin', and it contains her two favorite colors, pink and purple.  I would like to at least start it this week, if I get more done like sewing all of the straight lines I have ahead of me even better.  I already have the binding prepared and ready to go!



Along with my 2 smaller goals I have tamales to make (I swear I am going to make them this weekend!), a Christmas party to attend, and our big church concert, plus prepare for cookie baking, which starts either Sunday or Monday, depending on how I finish everything else.  If I am caught up on everything, I want to start working on the stitch and flip wreaths I am going to make as gifts for some family members.  If I can get to these it would definitely help me not be so stressed out later on in the month.  Positive attitude will get me further than a negative Nancy!

Have a great week everyone!

Linking up to:
Main Crush Monday

-Christina

1 comment:

  1. I feel for your schedule overload - I'm in it too. I hope you are getting some quiet time at your sewing machine in this busy season. And I agree with your last sentence - Positive attitude! Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.