Friday, February 17, 2017

Bright Curve Finished!

I finished the table runner, literally just in time for the wedding.  Pictures were taken after it was washed about an hour before we left for the reception.  Talk about cutting it close!  Hopefully I will not be cutting it that close again, but I do need to work on getting caught up on all of the outstanding IOUs that I have out for quilts.  One project at a time.  Are you ready for some pictures?  I think it turned out beautifully! TaDa!


I feel like the picture below captures the vibrancy of the colors, and shows the individual block.  Yes, the points are not perfect, but it was my first time doing curves and piecing a top on the diagonal, and I think it turned out great.  The quilting helped to hide it a little, and I do not think it detracts from the overall table runner.


This was my first time washing a quilt before giving it away, and I love the feeling and look it created  that I want to do this every time I finish a quilt.  You can see the texture and the beautiful freehand border I did in this picture.


By finishing this lovely table runner I have completed my February OMG (early for the first time in a long time), and a finish from my 1st quarter Finish-a-Long Goals.  I am also linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict on Whoop Whoop Fridays, and Crazy Mom Quilts at her Finish it up Fridays.

Come back soon, as I have more exciting quilty items coming up!
-Christina

3 comments:

  1. I love that this finish was a "multi-tasking" one. And, argh, I need to review my OMG. I think I've been working on it but not as much as I should be! Congrats on the finish (and it looks great, btw) and thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is vibrant and dramatic. What a great gift! Lately I have been thinking I should wash my quilts before giving them away as well. I usually make throws, so that extra softness and texture would probably be a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.