Friday, January 13, 2017

Jewelry and Scarves Finished!

The jewelry for my best friend's wedding that was on November 12, was completed right before the rehearsal and dinner on November 11.  Talk about cutting it close!  But they turned out lovely, and I'm happy with the end product.  I made 5 necklaces, and 6 bracelets (one for the bride + all of the bridesmaids).  The idea came from what we wanted/liked after pursuing Charming Charlie's however they did not have the style in gold to match the necklace the bride had already found.  As a result I came in to save the day and made the jewelry two weeks before the wedding.  In the end, they turned out just how she wanted them, and they looked great with everyone's dresses.








A second finish was for Christmas, I made two matching scarves from the Canon Layer Cakes they have out right now.  My grandparents are Ohio State alum and collage sweethearts, and they LOVE Ohio State.  As a result, when I saw the scarlet and gray layer cakes I knew what I was making them for Christmas.  Of course once they opened their presents together they immediately put them on which was heart warming to see.  I know they will be put to good use, especially when they return home in the next few months.  I loved how these turned out.


I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Fridays.  I am now all caught up from all the sharing from the last few months of 2016.  Check out my Appalachian Museum post, to learn about our trip before the wedding referenced above.  Now it is time to make progress on my Q1 and 2017 goals for the year.

-Christina

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.