Thursday, February 25, 2016

Progress on a Long Road Ahead

I am making progress on the big quilt I'm working on.  The beginning part of this quilt is my February OMG.  I have finished cutting the paper blades that will be used as my templates, and I have also finished cutting all of the fabric blades.  The paper blades was a huge accomplishment.  I like to try and bite more than I can really chew, and so I am working on myself to really take a look and learn what I can accomplish in the amount of time I am given.  I am doing better (than when I was a younger kid), but it is not 100% there yet.  As I like to say, I am a work in progress.




To help me make my February OMG, which ends only 5 short days ahead; I have a lot to do!  My goals this weekend are to finish cutting all of the 2.5" squares, the background squares that the plates are going to be appliquéd onto, and the fabric circles for the middle.  This will complete cutting all of the fabric pieces for the quilt.  The last thing I need to do is to glue 5 different fabric prints (43 blades each) to the paper templates to have the process started.  This I hope I can work on while watching TV with my husband during the weekend.  There is a Quilt Shop Hop starting this weekend for the area I live in, and my Mom and I are participating this weekend.  This cuts down on my time considerably, but I am the little engine that could, and next month for my goal, I am going to try and make it even more achievable!

On an exciting note, I had a wonderful dinner catching up and just hanging out with my best friend at Sonic.  Classy, I know, but so good when you can just sit, talk and sip a milk shake or slush.  The real purpose was to actually celebrate Christmas with each other, as our schedules have not lined up until now to hang out.  We already have another get together planned for next month, and I am counting down the days!  The saying that no matter how much time you have spent apart, when you get together with your best friend you do not miss a beat.  This is so very true!

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts.

Have a great end to the week!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I love to read them and hear from you.