First thing I made were burp rags. The baby is a girl and the nursery that she will share with her older brother has zoo animals in it, so I thought these prints were perfect for her.
The second thing I made was new to me, and that was a tag blanket. It turned out soooooo cute! It was super easy to put together, the only thing that took some time was pinning everything together with the ribbons (tags) in place. While I was putting it together I was squealing of how cute it was, and had to show my husband about half a dozen times. I'm sure he enjoyed it about as much as I did (not!). I plan to make more of these for my business.
The last thing I was able to complete before the baby shower were three baskets. The original pattern was the Sturdy Fabric Basket pattern from Craftsy, for free. The pattern only produces one size and I wanted three nesting baskets, so I altered the pattern and made two other sizes I wanted, which were the small and large baskets. I enjoyed the pattern, very detailed and showed some great pictures. The only thing I didn't like was ironing on the fusible after the basket was made, to help give the basket some stability. I had several issues getting the fusible in the basket properly and then trying to iron it. Besides that I think they turned out very cute. (I love the X's on the handles)
I ran out of time to make Maggie's Stay on Booties from Etsy (a new pattern to me), so that is my goal this weekend, and post next Friday about finishing them.
Another friend just recently had a baby girl, and I'm making her the same gifts with different fabric. I want to get her gifts done in the next week or so. I am going to try a different pattern for the baskets, one that has the fusible ironed on the fabric before the basket is made for a smoother process of making them. I will let you all know how it goes when I get them done.
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday, and I always look forward to seeing what everyone else has been working on this past week.